muddymonkey77
Captain

John Sevier & Elijah Clarke

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Hello. I'm not sure who does the artwork for this game (It's beautiful), but I have one little request. John Sevier appears on the map with the unit_Robin.png graphic. Now to be honest...I don't like it. First off, it's not a period head and second Robin is a woman.

I was wondering if there is a way to get a John Sevier portrait for John Sevier. Or, is there anyone out there with the skill to create one? I have zero artistic skill and am unable to create one on my own. (I've tried) Here is a portrait of the real John Sevier:

Hope someone can help me out. Thank you.

Also what about a portrait for Elijah Clarke?

PhilThib

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:41 pm

We had the portraits after they were included in the game, so we have used old game pictures available (namely those of the BOA team members :niark: ) while we awaited the new portraits.

These will be included in the upcoming BOA Add-on :indien:

And Robin is our art director, and not a woman :niark: :niark: :niark:

muddymonkey77
Captain

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:10 pm

Oops....Sorry Robin. :nuts:

Is there any information on when the add-on will be released or whose updated portraits will be included? Thank you for responding.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:01 pm

Ok it's crude and takes a bit of messing around with a few files but it can be done.
Attachments
Elijah Clarke.zip
(29.93 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Pocus

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:49 pm

muddymonkey77 wrote:Oops....Sorry Robin. :nuts:

Is there any information on when the add-on will be released or whose updated portraits will be included? Thank you for responding.

Missed this one, sorry. The add-on is due 2 months after the AACW release. Give or take 3 days for some rest :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Willard
Private

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:35 pm

Pocus wrote:Missed this one, sorry. The add-on is due 2 months after the AACW release. Give or take 3 days for some rest :)

Pocus - I know that AACW is coming out soon (and I can't wait), but I did not know about a BoA add-on. Not sure if any of this has been disclosed, but a few questions for you...

What period is the add-on going to cover?

Is this going to be a stand-alone game including BoA or is it just an expansion for BoA that requires BoA to run?

And finally, any plans for a Napoleonic Era version??? (please!!!)

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Regards,
Willard
[color="Red"]Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins they gave me one.[/color]

What I am not looking forward to is the "we can always release a patch later" quality control that has crippled the PC gaming industry. If I wanted a job as a game debugger, I would have paid more attention in math class.

PhilThib

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:55 am

The BOA add-on will include a lot of stuff...I'll do a thread on that in about 2-3 weeks, when the pressure on ACW is a bit lower than now... :bonk: :p leure:

Be patient, I promise you won't be disappointed...on a lot of matters :sourcil:

Pocus

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:16 pm

Actually the BOA 'add-on' will be a stand-alone game. The list of content is not entirely fixed, as PhilThib says, but you will get all the 1812 War, with added map surface too... And with new optionnal rules!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

orca
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:37 pm

Going off topic
Pocus, I did a little research on an OOB for the war of 1812 (at least in the Great Lakes region). Would this be useful?

One thing I would love to see in an add on is a campaign game starting in January of February 1777. Much harder for the British from that date. I would think that it shouldn't be too hard to do, the OOB for the Saratoga scenario covers a lot of the forces.

PhilThib

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:57 pm

Yes, everything on 1812 will help :coeurs:

And if you have a 1777 precise OOB, you'll get your campaign :king:

Willard
Private

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:56 pm

PhilThib wrote:The BOA add-on will include a lot of stuff...I'll do a thread on that in about 2-3 weeks, when the pressure on ACW is a bit lower than now... :bonk: :p leure:

Be patient, I promise you won't be disappointed...on a lot of matters :sourcil:

Phil -

Any updates yet on the add-on?
Keep up the great work!

Thanks
[color="Red"]Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins they gave me one.[/color]

What I am not looking forward to is the "we can always release a patch later" quality control that has crippled the PC gaming industry. If I wanted a job as a game debugger, I would have paid more attention in math class.

PhilThib

Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:41 pm

Planning will be updated after AACW release.... i.e. very very soon :niark:

Willard
Private

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:30 pm

I still haven't forgotten Phil! :grr:

You guys at Ageod think you can be sneaky and make us forget this by tempting us with ACW!!! :nuts:

Seriously though, keep up the great work from a huge fan of Ageod!

PhilThib

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:48 pm

We will, I promise :innocent:

Willard
Private

Mon May 14, 2007 10:19 pm

PhilThib wrote:We will, I promise :innocent:

???

:siffle:

PhilThib

Tue May 15, 2007 6:52 am

This is coming, a little bit more patience please. I have currently to see who will take over from Sandra on the next version :indien:

Willard
Private

Tue May 15, 2007 8:40 pm

PhilThib wrote:This is coming, a little bit more patience please. I have currently to see who will take over from Sandra on the next version :indien:

Still very sad to hear that Sandra has left.

Will AGEOD still keep the same "style" of artwork?

PhilThib

Wed May 16, 2007 6:38 am

On BOA / ACW, the answer is YES :cwboy:

Return to “Birth of America”