Moriety
Major

Problems with the "Legacy" 1.13d Patch

Sat May 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi all,

I just installed the 1.13d Patch after playing using the 1.12 patch.

Now, although the Candanian militia's have all 4 elements getting trained into Troupe de Marines, the unit remains graphically as a Militia unit.
Worse still, they can also be disbanded at the end of the year, thus making it completely pointless training them up in the first place!

The other change is the Combat screen is no longer displaying the combat location.

Are these known bugs or is it just me having this problem?
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

lodilefty

Sun May 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi!

I've dusted off the BoA books to see what is going on: ;)

The Canadian Militia units have no 'unit upgrade' defined in the DB, and so will not change to a regular unit. This has always been that way, so WAD, but one could question whether that design is appropriate.
Note that the Georgia Militia units that contain a Dragoon company also do not upgrade the unit...

Don't know about the combat report/region focus.

Note that BoA is truly legacy. The common game engine used in all AGEOD games has evolved so far that a patch is out of the question. The unit upgrade issue is moddable, however :)

Also, there are a few good mods for BoA. In particular, I highly recommend you apply http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=10230

Good hunting :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Moriety
Major

Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I forgot to mention that this is for the 1755 campaign.

The (French) Canadian Militia's do upgrade in the pre-legacy patch! (Just slowly) :)
I did try that mod patch yesterday: at first the militia's waiting for upgrades did upgrade, 6 of them and very quickly. Then I put a new one with the trainer and it took an entire year for just one element to upgrade. I finally uninstalled and put back the 1.12d patch. (The unit counters also seemed to only have one position in each province: right in front of the city or fort making it difficult to move units in and out of them and to generally manage multiple stacks in a region)

I also found a file that allowed me to change the one month turns into 15 days, so changed it but nothing happened, ah well!

I have managed to alter the weather on the lakes at last, so when the Indian tribes become active they will no longer path-find across the lakes that I know will thaw the following (April) turn- that was driving me bonkers!
(I've set all the Canadian region lakes and rivers to clear at all times, I just had too many units simply stopping as the path set was now water, not frozen)

I haven't yet played the Revolution campaign so I'm looking forward to that one as well.

Is there anyway I can change the start date of the '55 Campaign to '53 or is it a complex operation?
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

lodilefty

Sun May 02, 2010 8:55 pm

You are getting "heavy" into modding! :D :thumbsup:

I recommend that you look around at http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page
as we are compiling as much of the "how to" as we can.

It's still work in progress, so feel free to ask questions.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Moriety
Major

Mon May 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Thanks for that, I've book marked it :)

Return to “Birth of America”