Ardie
Captain

1.09c questions

Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:56 pm

I've now played some test rounds with the latest patch...nothing extensive yet but I noticed these:

1. Irregulars - they seem to be more stealthy now and are bound to do some mischief. I've noticed that I have to monitor the frontier more closely so that I don't lose any forts to surprise attacks.

2. Locked units - these units (tribal Indian Warparties, garrison units) are not unlocked when enemy units enter their area. Also I used to move unlocked small garrisons to bigger towns so they could receive replacements but I'm not able to do that anymore. Is that WAD?

3. The supply units - their numbering seems to be little off as I get atleast 2 wagon units with the same number. It's not a biggie but it gives a notion that something is not working correctly.

4. Mohawk scouts (F&IW) and Caughnawagas (+ other natives designed as "Braves") are not able to absorb replacements. Also in the French & Indian War GC the native scout unit in Mobile, when it recieves replacements I lose an irregular company from the replacement pool instead of an native warband. Again, are these WAD?

Pocus

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:52 am

1. good. Its alway reassuring to see that work on the AI pays a bit!

2. locked units are only unlocked when attacked, and not if a unit is just in the region. They should be unlocked in besieged though. Small garrisons have a subunit cap that is below 4, this is a WAD.

3. Strange, send me a save where it just occured please (the whole game with backup subdirs please).

4. Same as (2b) they do not have a unit cap of 4 but 2. For the scout in Mobile, this is perhaps because the ethnic flag is not set correctly, I will check that in the next days.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ardie
Captain

Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi Pocus!

3. Zip of the save sent to support@ageod.com.

4. I was thinking about the miniscule garrison in the F&IW GC. Those units in level 1 towns that have the strenght of only 1 subunit but are capable of acquiring 1 more. And the Indians' subunits (in the lower right box) are named as "warriors" but a Caughnagawa and an Ojibwa unit are marked as "Braves". But there are not native warband replacement units called "Braves" so these units never get any replacements. The British Mohawk scout unit (starts with Johnson) is another unit not capable of absorbing replacements.

PhilThib

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:37 am

Regarding the indians not getting those replacements, it was done on purpose :indien: as I wanted these units to be there for only a little time.

Pocus

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:53 am

Zip received Ardie. I will process it within a few days. Thanks.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:15 pm

About the duplicated supply numbering, I only see duplicates with roman numeral / standard numeral, like 'I' and '1', which means that you captured some enemy supply.
Can you give me some more informations if you see something else?

Ardie
Captain

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:21 pm

Pocus,

I don't know which folder(s) you opened but the supply units with identical numbering (as an identification) start with the 1776 reinforcements.

While I've played a bit further into 1777 I've received 2 units with #4 and 2 others with #5. March 1777 I received 1 unit with #37!!! and a couple of turns later a unit #15 arrived.

I don't know if the supply units come from the OOB or if there's a generator of somekind for them but something is out of order as I've spotted some US supply units with identical numbers.

Also in the F&IW GC I've seen some strange numbering orders with the French Ravitaillements.

Also there are 2 British 22nd Regiments of Foot is still around in the F&IW campaign.

Pocus

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:41 am

I'm using your february 77 saved game. Do you see in it duplicated numbering for supply units, if yes, where?

I will check the rest too.

Ardie
Captain

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:55 pm

The earliest turn I have available is March 1777 so I loaded it.

In Quebec: Col. Thomas Clarke's force with supply units 5 & 8.

In Oswego: Burgoyne's force with units 5 & 6.

In Manhattan: Cornwallis has units 4 & 12.

In Rhode Island or Massachusetts (maybe there during Feb.): Sir William Howe has units 4, 3 & 1.

Pocus

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:06 am

Rolling back all your turns, I confirm that #4 and #5 are duplicates, but all are legits. This is just a bad numbering in the scripted events. Supply units are all added by scripts, not produced dynamically (a thing that ought to be changed in the future when the upgraded production module will be completed for the 2nd game).

I also confirm that #37 appears before #15, this is 'normal' and scripted. So no worries, there is no bug per se, just a little numbering problem in the scripts.

Duplicated 22nd Foot: confirmed, the second one has been removed from the script.

Thanks much.

Return to “Birth of America”