Pocus

---> Patch 1.03 <---

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:47 pm

http://www.ageod.com/download_patches/BoA_patch1.03b.exe

*** Birth of America patch 1.03 readme ***
friday, March 10, 2006

Bugs fixes
- In some cases, indians units would be unable to set an ambush.
- In some cases, an army having crossed a river would keeps the penalty for more than one turn.
- bug in the script engine, leading to Fort Henry (FIW scenarios) unable to be built.
- Lakes and rivers under snow weather wont show anymore has being frozen (on the map).

Interface additions
- Its now possible to rename or delete a saved game. Move the mouse over the savegame line to have the keys used for these operations.
- Scrolling redone: smooth scrolling at start, double speed, reduction in texture usage during scrolling (should lead to a decrease of a Blue Screen error for the user suffering from a random bsod).
- You can have the battle report shows after each battle, during turn processing. To activate this pausing, check the corresponding checkbox in the Options window.
- Bullets representing the companies of a regiment are now shown, for each regiment (regiment panel, center botton of the screen).
- Supplies units now have a supply bar shown (regiment panel).

AI
- Refined how the AI moves supply and artilleries, these units should now be protected better in hostile territories.
- Reworked how AI considers local opportunities, the AI will now considers these opportunities better, without taking more risks.

Database and scenarios changes
- erroneous link fixed between Kawanake and Richelieu (ghost river!)
- minors modifications on various scenarios scripts.

(more AI improvements to come in the next patch, stay tuned!)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Elmo
Captain

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:54 pm

The great support continues. Thanks.

Haplo_Patryn
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:59 pm

Yes, thank you for the support. Pocus, the link you have posted is wrong (in fact it's the patch's 1.02 link) :siffle:

Pocus

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:02 pm

oops, my mistake (too much hurry is bad!) ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hell Patrol
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:28 pm

Great Job, it just keeps getting better! :fleurs:

PhilThib

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:44 pm

The more fellow players enjoy the game (and tell their friends around :sourcil: ) the happier we are :coeurs:

michaelincol
Corporal

1.03 no scroll with arrow keys?

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:23 pm

thanks for the latest patch - I just noticed with 1.03 I am not able to scroll the map with the arrow keys anymore?

Michael

benpark
Sergeant

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:28 pm

You guys are great! Thanks.

Sol Invictus

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:29 pm

Ho Hum; this is really getting boring. It's the same old thing week after week; great support and really nice enhancements and additions. ;) I am still absolutely amazed by the excellent initial release and the continuing outstanding support. I think you guys and gals are really building up a huge reserve of goodwill and loyalty. You are the only designers I would prepay for the next game you release; sight unseen and not even knowing the title. I salute you. :gardavou:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

michaelincol
Corporal

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:35 pm

Amen, announce anything with a title and you shall have the payment for a pre-order. You are the best experience I have had with a wargame in a very long time. Reading about and then playing out varied F and I strategies is a wonderful enjoyment for me - thank you so much.

Pocus

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:40 pm

michaelspotts wrote:thanks for the latest patch - I just noticed with 1.03 I am not able to scroll the map with the arrow keys anymore?

Michael

Download updated with the fix. Get it again and re-apply the patch on top of you current 1.03 (or your 1.02 if you have not yet patched, for others)

Notes: patch 1.03 can upgrade any versions. Any savegames are compatibles with current version.

And thank you all for the support. We have great projects!

pasternakski
Colonel

?

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:45 pm

The download start dialogue box says this file is 7.73 megs, but the download itself is only 993k. Is all right with the world?

Pocus

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:47 pm

I think you got the patch while I was updating it, please retry.

size is now 8,110,030 bytes.

pasternakski
Colonel

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:52 pm

Pocus wrote:And thank you all for the support. We have great projects!

I love the game and the customer support. I look forward anxiously to those "great projects," but, to avoid the slings and arrows of outrageous posters suffered by other developers, I suggest you keep 'em under your chapeau until they are getting close to release. So many people in this "Me, me, me, more me now, I want instant gratification" world go verbally spastic over any delay or uncertainty. Also, you wind up with a lot of, "Yeah, it's your design, but I think it should be MY way, and what do you mean you won't change it to suit me???"

Consider me a quiet supporter of your efforts. You have shown with BoA that you are "the good guys" (even if most of you ARE French).

michaelincol
Corporal

Fix works for map scrolling!

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:53 pm

just downloaded the latest and map scrolling is back with the arrow keys!
great, great support.

1.03 version is showing as 7.7 MB 10 march 23:39

Pocus

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:54 pm

well said Pasternakski. Amen to your wise words :)

Have you retried the DL, its getting late on this side of the pond, we the devious french need a bit of sleep before harassing a new batch of people ;)

Pocus

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:58 pm

michaelspotts wrote:just downloaded the latest and map scrolling is back with the arrow keys!
great, great support.

1.03 version is showing as 7.7 MB 10 march 23:39

yes, I recompiled the game with the tiny fix needed and recreated the patch.

(If you right click on the file, you can get the size in bytes)

Cya tomorrow, hope you wont find bugs (too much at least), my mailbox await them anyway...

Hobbes

Great Support

Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:22 am

Great stuff! Scrolling is much improved. Really looking forward to getting into this game.

Thanks, Chris

[FS] Feltan
Sergeant

Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:07 pm

Pocus,

I downloaded and installed 1.03, and did it again after the latest change.

I went to play a 1.02 based 1775 scenario and had a fatal error. During the turn, when combat occured, instead of the "speedometer" with the arrow showing who was winning being displayed the final combat results template would display (the one you get when you double click on the highlighted battle in the message log) except it wasn't populated with any data. When the turn ended, and I went to close the blank template, the game would crash. I repeated this three times.

I then deleted all my saves and started a new game. No problem. Everything works fine. There may be an incombatability with an old 1.02 save. No biggie. I am having no problems now.

Also, minor, bad link in the message log I've seen since 1.00 but haven't written down until now: evt_nam_1RI_313

Game is running well & the changes and updates are awesome!

Regards,
Feltan
"Fishcakes" the other F-word.

[FS] is the tag for the Mighty Free Soldiers on-line gaming clan. Visit at http://www.freesoldiers.net

Adlertag

Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:15 pm

pasternakski wrote: You have shown with BoA that you are "the good guys" (even if most of you ARE French).

I hope you don't think guys could be "bad" only because they are French... :8o:
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

[FS] Feltan
Sergeant

Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:51 pm

Adlertag wrote:I hope you don't think guys could be "bad" only because they are French... :8o:

Altertag,

I am very confident that was a joke. A jibe. I don't think he was trying to be offensive at all.

The world situation being what it is, issues among and between Governments can overshadow or color the relationships between people. I am resolved not to let that happen here. Presidents Bush and Chirac can piss on each other as far as I am concerned -- they are both merely politicians.

There is a core of "anti-French" feeling among some in the USA, and I am sure there is a core of "anti-American" feeling among some in France. In my experience, such feelings are usually the product of an overactive small mind.

The relationship between the government's of our two countries, and especially the relationship among the people of our two countries, can endure any current difficulties. And, friendly joking aside, these forums should be common ground for like-minded people. Let us all build bridges, not walls, while we enjoy each other's company here & while playing an outstanding game.

Regards,
Feltan
"Fishcakes" the other F-word.

[FS] is the tag for the Mighty Free Soldiers on-line gaming clan. Visit at http://www.freesoldiers.net

Adlertag

Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:59 pm

Be reassured , I know you (we) are all , at least in those forums , open-minded guys.
And yes there are stupid anti-french and anti-american peoples in our respective countries ; we just don't have to get involved by them.

PhilThib

Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:26 pm

In addition, we French frogs did a game about the American revolution and their victory against the bloody redcoats ... :coeurs: if you don't call this love, what is it :sourcil: ?

We agree on something for once...down with Georges III :niark: ... but I love my neighbours from the other side of the Channel too... :king:

Sol Invictus

Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:41 pm

Yeah, and there's that big statue in New York harbor too. Thanks, shes lovely. :coeurs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Dtry
Conscript

Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:44 pm

I do not care what your are, where you were born or what you back ground is at all. The support you have giving this game has been great. You are making a Very Good game better. That is what counts and should be applauded.

This game is fun.

bill
Sergeant

Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:48 pm

'[FS wrote: Feltan']Altertag,

I am very confident that was a joke. A jibe. I don't think he was trying to be offensive at all.

The world situation being what it is, issues among and between Governments can overshadow or color the relationships between people. I am resolved not to let that happen here. Presidents Bush and Chirac can piss on each other as far as I am concerned -- they are both merely politicians.

There is a core of "anti-French" feeling among some in the USA, and I am sure there is a core of "anti-American" feeling among some in France. In my experience, such feelings are usually the product of an overactive small mind.

The relationship between the government's of our two countries, and especially the relationship among the people of our two countries, can endure any current difficulties. And, friendly joking aside, these forums should be common ground for like-minded people. Let us all build bridges, not walls, while we enjoy each other's company here & while playing an outstanding game.

Regards,
Feltan

funny how most of people in democratie refuse their full responsability in the action of their government. So far it's people of america who have reelected Bush, samething in France with chirac or here with Charest. It's the purpose of the armerican revolution isn't it. A government for the people, by the people.

pasternakski
Colonel

Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:14 pm

Adlertag wrote:I hope you don't think guys could be "bad" only because they are French... :8o:

Of course not (except when I'm playing the British in a BoA scenario...)

Merely a small attempt at cross-Atlantic repartee between allies. I'm a true Francophile (like Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, n'est ce pas?). I would have been one of the guys singing the Marseillaise that fateful evening in Rick's American Cafe in Casablanca.

Adlertag

Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:59 pm

pasternakski wrote:Of course not (except when I'm playing the British in a BoA scenario...)

Merely a small attempt at cross-Atlantic repartee between allies. I'm a true Francophile (like Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, n'est ce pas?). I would have been one of the guys singing the Marseillaise that fateful evening in Rick's American Cafe in Casablanca.

And playing with Ingrid Bergman surely a great experience :sourcil:
I red that Ronald Reagan could have played in this movie but eventually was not kept ; didn't know that.

Franchot
Conscript

Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:46 pm

Thanks for the new patch. Your support of this game is to be commended. As a matter of fact, I'm going to name my first child after you.

Donan
Private

Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:22 am

Great support continues. Thanks much!

Return to “Birth of America”