Thread: 1.03d quickfix for Pride of Nations, Vainglory of Empires

AGEOD
    Lead Developer
    Philippe Malacher

Red face 1.03d quickfix for Pride of Nations, Vainglory of Empires

Hi,

Here is a new quickfix. Quickfix means it is not all inclusive, so you need to have installed version 1.03 before. Ongoing games are compatible with the quickfix.

Gameplay change

If a colonial region is of same ethnic as your main ethnic, has 100% loyalty and 95% or more colonial penetration, then it will switch to 'non colonial status'. This status will itself transform to national status if the region can link to your capital by land, otherwise it will stay in 'non national, non colonial status'

You can now lose several points a turn if your national morale is above 100. Chances depend of how high you are compared to the baseline of 100.The cap is 10 points a turn.

Fixes
    A unit can now replace more than one element of same family per turn, if the nation owning it have the proper faction modifier. Before, the modifier worked only for different families.

Region decision test NeedThisStrucAttribAny was testing only against your own attributes, not the ones of any nation/faction in the region.

Data
    Several files had some errors fixed thanks to Lafrite excellent tool (which is available to anybody asking for it). These files are:1880 VGN Natives Raids.sct, SPA 1880 Events.sct, VGN Natives Raids.sct, ITA Events.sct, SPA Events.sct

Link:
    http://downloads.ageod-forum.com/Quickfix_PON_1.03d.zip

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Latest patches: Check them here!
    Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

To End All Wars Beta Tester
    To End All Wars Beta Team MemberPoN Improvement Team
    RUS Dev Team
    PoN Beta Team

Huge thanks, as always!

One note, though, although the new colonial algorithm is genius, it might have NOT fixed my Japanese issue after the Boshin War, would it? As these were my old lands, I would have had 0%CP... It might not have been a problem though, soon enough with the Japanese colonial actions (1874) I could have pushed CP updwards until I reunited them to the homeland. So I guess fixed!

PS. Is it normal that when the game starts it says v1.03d QF?
    Last edited by Kensai; December 16th, 2012 at 11:26. Reason: PS
    Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
    Großdeutschland Mod
    Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
    Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

AGEod Guard of Honor PoN Beta Team loki100's Avatar

thanks for this ... as ever.

I've put in a link on the Paradox forum for those who don't visit the AGEOD forums on a regular basis

Lieutenant

It's great to see another quickfix, but can anyone tell me whether there will be negative consequences to my S-P Great Britain campaign. E.g. will all my governors' residences disappear etc.?

RUS Dev Team
    PoN Beta Team

If the changes are already implemented (you had installed v1.03c and continued) yes. If not, no, as the new algorithm is much stricter. Losing residences and other colonial building is an unfortunate side effect but heralds the end of colonial time in that region, as it becomes almost-national soil.
    Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
    Großdeutschland Mod
    Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

General of the Army

Thank you, Pocus, especially when you are so busy.

As far as I can tell, it works!

Conscript

Pocus, you are the man! I appreciate your hard work and precious, limited time dedicated to this great game. And I appreciate everyone else helping make this game even better, I know Kensai and others are pitching in. Everyone's work and time is much appreciated. Sign me up for an advance copy of AACW2 and pretty much any game ya make!

P.S. IMHO, if you didn't buy from AGEOD, you probably didn't get your money's worth.

Thank you for this. Torn between starting a new GC or carrying on my French campaign that just passed the 500-turn mark. What to do?

Alea Jacta Est Praetor AJE Praetor
    PON Manual Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Thank you for this. Torn between starting a new GC or carrying on my French campaign that just passed the 500-turn mark. What to do?

If you got to 500 you should keep going!

Anyone who has installed 1.03d able to report results/difficulties?

PON Manual Librarian

Is there an update log that indicates the actions performed/files added or something akin to that?

AGEOD
    Lead Developer
    Philippe Malacher

your best bet if you want to be comprehensive is to ask Windows to list all files in PON, and then sort by date of change.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

PON Manual Librarian

I was poking around trying to find out why Parana trade region countries can't sell as they did in an earlier fix.

Before I comment, I want to confirms that we are not intended to install fixes a, b, and c before d?

After installing d on top of clean 1.03, there appear to be files in d older than c and which don't include fixes that were in before b.

One is areas.ini. I have not checked other files except the tradeareas.

The older file correctly adds Bamako to $Colony_Mali Area#584 (of which it is the historical and current capital) and removes it from Niger (Area#588). Also, since Ghaydah is Yemenese it should NOT be in Oman#103 or Oman#641 and should be in Yemen#104 and Yemen#642.

The files I have from before 1.03b patch file and the 1.03c file have Bamako and Ghaydah in the right countries. Oddly, the 1.03d does not. I include the corrected entries below.

// Area #103
    {Area}
    UID = $Area_Oman
    Name = Area_Oman
    Hierarchy = 0
    ListParams = $Mascate|$Sur|$Duqm|$Salalah|
    {/Area}

// Area #104
    {Area}
    UID = $Area_Yemen
    Name = Area_Yemen
    Hierarchy = 0
    ListParams = $Mukalla|$Sanaa|$Hoedeida|$Taiz|$Aden|$Hadramut|$G haydah|
    {/Area}

// Area #584
    {Area}
    UID = $Colony_Mali
    Name = Colony_Mali
    Hierarchy = -1
    ListParams = $Taoudenni|$Timbuktu|$Gao|$Tessalit|$Jenne|$Sikass o|$Nioro|$Kita|$Dinguiray|$Bamako|$Segu|
    {/Area}

// Area #588
    {Area}
    UID = $Colony_Niger
    Name = Colony_Niger
    Hierarchy = -1
    ListParams = $Niamey|$Dosso|$Arlit|$Maradi|$Zinder|$Agadez|$Mad ama|$Bilma|$Kuje|
    {/Area}

None of this sheds light on the Parana trade incompletion issue but seems a straightforward correction.

AGEOD
    Lead Developer
    Philippe Malacher

Indeed, only add 1.03 and then latest quickfix

This is not intended to have 'retrograded' the areas, there must have been a file version problem. Can you send me to pocus@ageod.net the file you are using that is fixing the issue?

Private

I have a little problem with the 1.03d update, with the rule of making a colonial region with 100%loyaulty a national territory (or something like that...).

Playing France, I'm not able to make the colonial decision exploration party or geographic party to the south part of French Guyana (because it becomes a non territorial part of France and no more a colonial land?)

Is there a event who discovers this part of the land?

Have a good week-end.

Private

I have the same problem with Russia in Alaska and with France in the south part of Algeria direction of Tamanrasset!

Someone can help me?

Major

I installed the quickfix but after it the game has always been crashing here once I pass the turn

01:17:56 (Reporting) All gamesim data loaded in: 14726 ms
    01:17:56 (Reporting) Host: Starting AIs.
    01:17:56 [Critical ] TAIAgent.GetDefinition Erroneous DefUID HostUID 100702

RUS Dev Team
    PoN Beta Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I have a little problem with the 1.03d update, with the rule of making a colonial region with 100%loyaulty a national territory (or something like that...).

Playing France, I'm not able to make the colonial decision exploration party or geographic party to the south part of French Guyana (because it becomes a non territorial part of France and no more a colonial land?)

Is there a event who discovers this part of the land?

Have a good week-end.
    I believe the Amazon is being explored by scripted events, not actions. But I am not really sure. One workaround could be to have passage rights from a nearby friendly colony and use them there.

Bart, you want to join our MP game?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    I installed the quickfix but after it the game has always been crashing here once I pass the turn

01:17:56 (Reporting) All gamesim data loaded in: 14726 ms
    01:17:56 (Reporting) Host: Starting AIs.
    01:17:56 [Critical ] TAIAgent.GetDefinition Erroneous DefUID HostUID 100702
    No idea. Was it a clean install? Try it in a different directory following the correct order. Game, v1.03, eventual patch (now d).
    Großdeutschland Mod

Private

Ok I will waiting so! Yes I would like I've just registred on the paradox forum to contact you as sit was said on the other post

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Kensai View Post
    I believe the Amazon is being explored by scripted events, not actions. But I am not really sure. One workaround could be to have passage rights from a nearby friendly colony and use them there.

Bart, you want to join our MP game?

No idea. Was it a clean install? Try it in a different directory following the correct order. Game, v1.03, eventual patch (now d).
    It was clean, It had v1.03c when installed unless it's normal to enter in conflict with quickfix C.

Edit:Started a new game with another faction and it worked, dunno maybe the save game was corrupted or something or maybe there are some cases where the save game isn't compatible.

Major

Weird it seems loaded an early turn and the game went fine until it reached that turn again. Going to start a new campaign.

Sergeant

does this include the 3 fixes for the 1880 campaign?

Thread Information